People looking to attend the college can apply during the upcoming SPC Week without paying the $40 application fee.
Starting March 18, SPC will be hosting enrollment events at five of its campus locations. The open house events will be held from 2 to 7 p.m. at St. Petersburg/Gibbs, Clearwater, Tarpon Springs, Downtown and Seminole. The $40 application fee will be waived for students who apply at an event.
Participants can tour the campuses, learn about clubs and campus life, plan their class schedule, get advice about what career is right for them and speak with a financial aid expert in addition to applying. Veterans will be able to meet with the college’s Veterans Services staff who can answer questions about their GI benefits.
Each of SPC’s campuses has its own feel, clubs and programs. That’s why each campus will be providing SPC Week participants with a variety of events and activities unique to that location.
• The St. Petersburg/Gibbs Campus event will take place to a ’70s theme. Hourly tours will be offered, and attendees will be able to visit of the campus’ Music Industry Recording Arts (MIRA) studio and SPC’s MYRA radio station. Participants can stop by Retro Joe’s on the second floor of the library between noon and 2 p.m. for free coffee, snacks and root beer floats. They also can attend a MIRA performance at the campus’ Student Services building. During the event, there will be drawings for six Barnes & Noble $50 gift cards.
• At the Clearwater Campus, SPC Week participants will be able to explore the college’s various degrees and departments at a Campus Expo in the campus’ new Ethics and Social Sciences building. Sample refreshments will be provided by The Hard Drive Cafe. The campus tour will include stops at the Learning Resource Commons, Crossroads Gallery, the high-tech Collaborative Center for Emerging Technologies and the Writing Studio.
• The Tarpon Springs Campus will host a scavenger hunt tour with a pirate theme during its SPC Week event. Attendees will be greeted with music, popcorn and snacks, then given a map of the campus. The scavenger hunt tour will include stops at the College of Education, Cafe Olympus, the Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art, the campus’ soccer fields and the Wellness Center. Applicants will be registered to win one of three $50 Barnes & Noble gift cards.
• SPC Downtown will be offering a tour of its campus, located in the heart of St. Petersburg. It is housed with the SPC Downtown Arts Cultural Center and within walking distance of all of the area’s numerous restaurants, theaters and other cultural venues. For SPC Week, the campus has reached out to area GED programs to notify potential students about the opportunities available at SPC Downtown. A drawing for a Barnes & Noble gift card also will be held.
• Highlights from the Seminole Campus SPC Week event will include guided tours of the campus’ Learning Commons, specialized classrooms, TV Studio and state-of-the-art Digitorium, plus information about new construction coming in June 2013. The event also will include hourly drawings for gift cards and SPC Theme gifts. Participants will be able to meet with academic chairs and faculty to learn more about the campus’ programs, specifically:
- Entrepreneurship Program
- Digital Arts, Media & Interactive Web Design
- Environmental Science Technology
- Hospitality & Tourism Management
- Public Policy and Administration
Read Full Post »