St. Petersburg College was founded in 1927 as a two-year institution of higher learning. Known then as St. Petersburg Junior College, it provided high-quality, fully-accredited programs with credits that were fully transferable to four-year institutions. In 2001, the Florida Legislature passed legislation allowing the college to offer four-year degrees. In response, the college dropped the word “junior” from its name and became St. Petersburg College. Today, St. Petersburg College offers programs at learning sites in St. Petersburg, Seminole, Clearwater, Tarpon Springs and elsewhere. It also offers courses and degree programs online.
Contact UsHave a question about a post? Contact us at email@example.com
- Join St. Petersburg College in the movement for MLK Day of Service
- SPC to host second annual Moving the Needle Conference Oct. 28-30
- St. Petersburg College wins Phoenix Award for development of new Midtown Center
- Apple Co-Founder Steve Wozniak Opens SPC Foundation’s New Distinguished Speaker Series
- St. Petersburg College and TurboVote help make voting easy
share this blog
- academics alumni art Board of Trustees Business Clearwater commencement Community Downtown education employees faculty Gibbs graduates graduation health education center Institute for Strategic Policy Solutions Leepa-Rattner Museum Midtown Palladium Theater Seminole Campus SPC SPC in the News St. Petersburg College St. Petersburg Times Student Stories Tampa Bay Times Tarpon Springs veterans William D. Law Jr.