St. Petersburg College was founded in 1927 as a two-year institution of higher learning. Known then as St. Petersburg Junior College, it provided high-quality, fully-accredited programs with credits that were fully transferable to four-year institutions. In 2001, the Florida Legislature passed legislation allowing the college to offer four-year degrees. In response, the college dropped the word “junior” from its name and became St. Petersburg College. Today, St. Petersburg College offers programs at learning sites in St. Petersburg, Seminole, Clearwater, Tarpon Springs and elsewhere. It also offers courses and degree programs online.
Contact UsHave a question about a post? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- SPC in Top Three for Student Voter Registrations
- Seminole Community Educational Ecosystem celebrates three years of synergy
- Honors research conference features 46 student presentations
- Institutional Research conference draws attendees from across Florida
- SPC honors Dr. Vilma Zalupski: educator, WOW champion
share this blog
- academics alumni art Board of Trustees Business Clearwater commencement Community Downtown education employees faculty Gibbs graduates graduation health education center Institute for Strategic Policy Solutions Leepa-Rattner Museum Midtown Palladium Theater Seminole Campus SPC SPC in the News St. Petersburg College St. Petersburg Times Student Stories Tampa Bay Times Tarpon Springs veterans William D. Law Jr.