St. Petersburg College was founded in 1927 as a two-year institution of higher learning. Known then as St. Petersburg Junior College, it provided high-quality, fully-accredited programs with credits that were fully transferable to four-year institutions. In 2001, the Florida Legislature passed legislation allowing the college to offer four-year degrees. In response, the college dropped the word “junior” from its name and became St. Petersburg College. Today, St. Petersburg College offers programs at learning sites in St. Petersburg, Seminole, Clearwater, Tarpon Springs and elsewhere. It also offers courses and degree programs online.
Contact UsHave a question about a post? Contact us at email@example.com.
- Inaugural Poet Blanco to speak at Palladium Theater March 23
- 11 St. Petersburg College students named to All-Florida Academic Team
- Congressman David Jolly will moderate SPC’s New Ideas Conference on March 27
- CareerEdge, St. Petersburg College partner to provide supply chain management workforce training
- Leaders gather at Legislative Manufacturing Summit to discuss issues impacting Florida
share this blog
- academics Allstate alumni art Board of Trustees Clearwater commencement Community Downtown education employees faculty Gibbs graduates graduation health education center Institute for Strategic Policy Solutions Leepa-Rattner Museum Palladium Theater Seminole Campus SPC SPC in the News St. Petersburg College St. Petersburg Times Strategic Policy Institute Student Stories Tampa Bay Times Tarpon Springs veterans William D. Law Jr.