Will you be part of the crowd attending President Barack Obama’s visit to SPC’s Seminole Campus Saturday?
Here is a list of frequently asked questions for people who plan to be at the campus Saturday to see the president. As more information about the event becomes available, the college will provide it.
- What time is the president scheduled to speak/arrive? The college hasn’t been provided with the president’s schedule. However, the gates open at 8:30 a.m. and that is a good time to get there.
- Where can I park? Parking will be limited at SPC. A shuttle service will be set up at Seminole Mall, just one mile down the road from SPC. Shuttles will start at 7 a.m. on Saturday.
- Will there be handicapped parking? There will be limited handicapped parking available at SPC. This is on a first-come, first-serve basis. We will have shuttle service set up at Seminole Mall with ADA accessible buses.
- Can I bring my child’s stroller? Yes.
- Can I bring large bags? No, please limit your personal belongings to a wallet, cell phone and camera.
- Can I bring a water bottle into the event site? No, but water will be provided for you. You can have a water bottle while waiting in line.
- Will there be seats? This is a standing rally, but there will be seats available for those with disabilities.
- Can I bring a lawn chair into the event site? Unfortunately you cannot. You can have one while waiting in line, but you will not be allowed to bring it in.
- Can I bring a sign to show my support? The event’s organizers appreciate your support. However, due to security measures, signs will not be allowed into the event space.
- Are photos permitted at the event? Yes.
- Is this an outdoor event? Yes.