The Urban Youth Violence Conference will be at the Allstate Center on Friday, March 2 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Kathleen Heide, a licensed psychotherapist, Professor of Criminology at the University of South Florida, and author, is the keynote speaker. Heide, who studies violence in children, has evaluated hundreds of troubled youths and has testified in court many times. She has received six awards for teaching excellence and has served as a member of more than 10 community and state boards of directors, councils, or task forces, including two consecutive gubernatorial appointments to the Florida Sentencing Commission.
Other speakers will include:
- Irene Sullivan, Judge (Retired), Pinellas County
- Anthony Holloway, Chief, Clearwater Police Department
- Dwight Stewart, Gang Specialist, Texas School of Safety
- LaTasha Atkins, Victim Advocate, New Orleans District Attorney’s Office
- Susan St. John, Pinellas County Assistant State Attorney
- Gregory Robinson, Captain, Lakeland Police Department
- Rechi Butler, Reformed Drug Dealer, Tampa, Florida
- Michale Baute, Investigator, Florida Department of Law Enforcement
- Daryl Daniels, Director, Derrick Brooks Charities
Registration can be completed online. A $125 conference fee is required.