St. Petersburg College kicks off its advanced manufacturing training programs July 16 with the first of 10 information sessions. The training is part of SPC’s new partnership with local manufacturing company LumaStream that will bring high-tech job opportunities and hands-on manufacturing training to the Midtown area of St. Petersburg.
LumaStream, which manufactures innovative Intelligent LED lighting systems, is moving a production facility to the Midtown area. SPC, as the lead institution in the Florida TRADE Consortium, will use the LumaStream facilities to offer training that can lead to an entry-level job with the company or with another advanced manufacturing institution. Read related news stories.
Prospective students will attend an information session to learn about:
- Manufacturing careers
- Training program overview and requirements
- Training program start dates
- Florida TRADE
Information Session Schedule
Register online for any of the upcoming information sessions:
- Tuesday, July 16, 5-7 p.m., SPC Downtown, DC 124
- Thursday, July 18, 2-4 p.m., SPC Midtown, MT 102
- Tuesday, July 23, 5-7 p.m., St. Petersburg/Gibbs Campus, TE 128
- Thursday, July 25, 2-4 p.m., SPC Downtown, DC 124
- Tuesday, July 30, 5-7 p.m., SPC Midtown, MT 102
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 5-7 p.m., Clearwater Campus, ES 111
- Tuesday, Aug. 6, 10 a.m.-noon, SPC Downtown, DC 124
- Thursday, Aug. 8, 5-7 p.m., Seminole Campus, UP 176
- Tuesday, Aug. 13, 10 a.m.-noon, SPC Midtown, MT 102
- Thursday, Aug. 15, 5-7 p.m., Tarpon Springs Campus, FA 132
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or trust territories (If not a citizen, documentation that shows you have the legal right to work in the U.S.)
- Pass the Florida Ready to Work Assessment
For more information, contact Marta Przyborowski at 727-341-7973 or Dr. Gary Graham at 727-791-2478 or visit the Florida TRADE website at www.fltrade.org.