St. Petersburg College was founded in 1927 as a two-year institution of higher learning. Known then as St. Petersburg Junior College, it provided high-quality, fully-accredited programs with credits that were fully transferable to four-year institutions. In 2001, the Florida Legislature passed legislation allowing the college to offer four-year degrees. In response, the college dropped the word “junior” from its name and became St. Petersburg College. Today, St. Petersburg College offers programs at learning sites in St. Petersburg, Seminole, Clearwater, Tarpon Springs and elsewhere. It also offers courses and degree programs online.
Tips, questionsHave a story you want to share or questions about a post? Please contact Wilma Norton at Norton.Wilma@spcollege.edu.
- St. Petersburg College to honor educators and civic leaders Cecil B. Keene, Doug Jamerson
- Music Monday: SPC percussion instructor, band are topping the music charts
- Seminole Campus to host live congressional debate
- MIRA’s The Real Clash makes impact on Tampa Bay area
- Music Monday: SPC presents the Community Concert Band Fall Concert
share this blog
- academics Allstate alumni art Board of Trustees Business Clearwater Downtown education employees faculty Gibbs graduates graduation health education center Institute for Strategic Policy Solutions Leepa-Rattner Museum Midtown Palladium Theater Seminole Campus SPC SPC in the News St. Petersburg College St. Petersburg Times Strategic Policy Institute Student Stories Tampa Bay Times Tarpon Springs veterans William D. Law Jr.