More than one hundred students and their families gathered recently at the Seminole Campus to celebrate the close of the 2012 Summer of Success program. This year’s graduates finished with a 2.75 GPA in the three-hour course that they all took. Of the 105 students in this year’s program, 98 (93 percent) are registered for classes for the fall 2012 term.
Students and staff from each of the four campuses (Clearwater, Seminole, St. Petersburg/Gibbs and Tarpon Springs) were recognized during the ceremony. Dr. Linda Hogans, Director of the Office of Special Programs, also recognized SPC faculty member Dr. Roland Martens, for his ongoing support of the Summer of Success program.
- View our Facebook image gallery from the July 20 Summer of Success Awards Ceremony
- Watch YouTube for a recap of 2012 Summer of Success program
Summer of Success provides graduating seniors from Pinellas County high schools with a slice of college life that prepares them for academic success. Through the six-week program, students have the opportunity to:
- Attend SPC on a scholarship
- Earn three college credits
- Improve English, reading and math readiness skills
- Explore various career opportunities
- Become familiar with their SPC campus and resources
- Visit different business and industries
- Meet new friends
Dates for next year’s program are posted on the Summer of Success website early in 2013.